We of First Lutheran Church of Carson share the fundamentals of the Christian religion.
– Enter more fully into a life of prayer.
– Commit time each day to pray and read scripture.
– Nurture families with time and love.
– Share Christian values, especially in light of the pressures to conform to a secularized society.
– Giving back to God the First Fruits of Our Labors Sharing Our Talents
We at First Lutheran Church of Carson prayerfully ask that you consider being part of our community. We welcome your new ideas and your energy to help First Lutheran Church of Carson continue to grow and be a force in our neighborhood and communities.
Make a Difference
The differences today are more in emphasis and practice. Lutherans have a distinct emphasis on God’s free gift of grace. There is nothing we can do to earn God’s love, or a place in the Christian community. God has already accepted us just as we are.
We believe that God’s gift of grace is received by faith. That doesn’t mean we don’t believe in the importance of doing good in the world! It simply means that good works are the fruit of faith, not a kind of barter system for heavenly favors. And while we celebrate the great traditions of the Church, our ultimate authority is scripture, interpreted in the context of the community.
First Lutheran Online Tithe